55 Random Facts About Me
If you buy from small businesses, it’s probably because you want to support your community. After all, it’s nice to know that who you are supporting is not just another big-time CEO purchasing their third holiday home! Shopping local gives you a sense that you are helping someone that could easily be your mother, sister, brother, cousin or friend who is just getting by on their side hustle.
So for this reason, I’ve decided to write a spontaneous blog with fun facts all about me! It’s easy to rally behind your local entrepreneur when you know who they are. Here are 55 random facts helping you to get to know the artist behind Ave Mariabell Designs!
My work-life balance values.
Top 5 Career Values
- I value the ability to use my creativity and share my art.
- Being my own boss means flexibility to choose my own hours.
- I want to travel frequently so the ability to work remote is important.
- Having a variety of roles – marketing, design and sales, keeps things interesting.
- Proximity is important – I love being able to walk to work, even if it is a stroll to the nearest cafe!
Top 5 Life Values
- High quality relationships – I love my friends and family dearly.
- Education – access to resources to continuously further my knowledge and skills.
- Give back to the community – participating in volunteer projects so that I feel like a valued member of society.
- I crave versatile experiences in different places – I’m always getting the travel bug!
- Money – I believe money is not the root of all evil but it is the lack of money (and ignorance!) that is the root of all evil. Money helps to support my health and well-being, as well as my family’s.
Now for some fun facts!
- My favorite ice cream flavor is cookies and cream.
- My non-alcoholic drink of choice is lemon-lime & bitters – unfortunately this is not a common mix in North America!
- My alcoholic drink of choice is either Baileys or Apple Cider.
- The thing I find most attractive in a person is someone who is confident but who can also be vulnerable at the same time. I think this quality makes them genuine and authentic.
- My favorite season is Autumn because of all the beautiful colours. I think this is because I grew up in a place where the trees stayed the same all year around, so I truly appreciate all the colour changes in Toronto’s fall season.
Random Talent Fact
- In my first year of University (Bachelor of Design) I made a wooden jewelry box completely from scratch. It had gold hinges and delicate marquetry design. I think this is why I love my laser-cut skylines so much. Because it resembles the intricate wood-work that I created when I first began designing!
- If I had the ability to teleport I would frequently travel to Australia.
- I have never been to anywhere in Europe. It’s next on the bucket list!
- The first time I traveled solo was when I completely relocated my life to Canada!
- The scariest moment of my travels was when I was mugged in Costa Rica – someone took my phone!
- The most amazing travel experience I had was white-river tubing in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. There is nothing like being in a fresh body of water surrounded by lush and tropical scenery.
- I love travel so much because it opens my mind and gives me unforgettable memories and stories to tell.
- The one thing I am always reminded of when I travel is how small my world and problems are – there is always a bigger picture that we as individuals are not always acknowledging.
- The most remote place I have ever been is a small town called Jabiru, in Northern Territory, Australia. Home to Kakadu National Park and 171 km southeast of the city I grew up: Darwin.
- My next travel adventure is hopefully to Bermuda with my boyfriend!
Education And Work Facts
- My favorite subject at school was art.
- My dream job is being an artist and designer.
- But when I was a child, I wanted to be a dancer.
- My first ever job was working as a cashier at KFC!
- My first job after graduating was an Architectural Assistant at an Architecture company in Brisbane, Australia.
- While working on my business on the side I am a part-time Interior Design assistant in midtown, Toronto.
- The thing I like most about my job is the opportunity to be creative.
- I have an architecture background and I am a qualified architectural technician.
- I have volunteered as a construction worker in Costa Rica.
Random, But Interesting Facts
- My nationality is Australian. My ethnicity is Filipino.
- I have a sweet tooth and I am addicted to all things sweet!
- I am an introvert and enjoy curling up with a good book or movie more than a night out.
- My guilty pleasure is binge watching Netflix series like Stranger Things.
- The achievement I am most proud of is: starting my own business.
- My idea of Heaven on Earth is a secluded beach-side house, close to hiking trails and long boardwalks by the water.
- The book that has inspired me the most is “Big Magic,” by Elizabeth Gilbert.” It was this book that me unafraid to share my art with the world.
- My first car was a dark green Toyota Starlet.
- Although I am Australian, I have never tried kangaroo or crocodile meat.
- I have 0 tattoos and 0 piercings. (Even the piercings in my earlobes have closed up because I almost never wear jewelry.)
- If I had 1 hour to live, I’d spend it on the beach, on a kayak in Australia with my family.
- My favorite childhood toy was my crayons.
- My favorite color is purple.
- The most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me is taking me for a ride in a light aircraft plane over Morton Island, Queensland.
- I spend far too much money on Starbucks iced coffee!!!.
- My first thought when I wake up in the morning is normally “I wonder if I can stay in bed all day long today without consequences.”
- I would most like to learn how to speak a different language. I’ve self-taught some Spanish, but only very little.
- My worst habit is drinking too much sweet drinks – I love my lattes and iced coffees!
- My favorite artist is Japanese architect Shigeru Ban.
- If I could live anywhere on the planet, it would be on a secluded, private island with beautiful beaches and waterfalls.
- I wish I had a private jet plane so I could travel to and from Canada and Australia when ever I want.
What are some random and fun facts about you? Care to share it?